A motley assortment of interesting (?) things

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Slurp


If I ever go to Vietnam, I have to get myself one of these.

“There are two varieties of snake wine. A large venomous snake can be placed into a glass jar of rice wine, often with many smaller snakes, turtles, insects, or birds, and left to ferment for many months. Snake blood wine is prepared by slicing a snake along its belly and draining its blood into a mixing vat with rice wine or grain alcohol. The gall bladder can be emptied into glasses with wine and the snake meat, liver, and skin can be prepared to accompany the drink.”


No I don't think I could ever get myself to drink this, but it would make a great display piece and an awesome conversation starter :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got mine on http://www.asiansnakewine.com/ but it's not the same bottle.