A motley assortment of interesting (?) things

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mr.Know All

People generally dont expect you to know everything not even in a job interview. Atleast that was my opinion until recently. So what has changed things now. Recent times have made me think again. Specially after the stories I've heard from colleagues, friends who have given their job interviews.[I'll spare my interviewers, they only asked me qns to which i knew the answers ;)]

So here is a compilation of responses you could use if you think you are really screwed royally in a job interview.

Interviewer shoots a real toughie, something that isn’t required for the position offered:
Candidate Response 1:
Exactly Sir. Even google dint have an answer. And am curious too. What is the answer by the way?

Candidate Response 2:
You sure do seem to possess a lot of expertise in this domain. I know this friend in Microsoft and am giving an interview this weekend. Wanna come along?

Candidate Response 3:
One minute sir.
[After bringing in an employee of the company]
Could you please repeat the question?
[The employee gets really nervous now....]

Candidate Response 4:[I couldn’t help but put this in tamil]
[3 interviewers on the panel, the guy walks in]
Interviewer: Have a seat Mr.X
Candidate: Thank you.
I: You look very tensed. Want some water? Take your time!
C: Thaaa...AEI ENNA PADAMAAA...
YAARUKKU DAA BAYAM, ENAKKAAA, AEI ENAKKAAA
Thaaa, UNAKKU THAANDAAA BAYAM
I: What??? enakka
C: Bayam illaama pinna ennavaam. Kooda rendu pera vachirukiyae...Unakku thaanda bayam.
Dairyam irunthaa, thaniyaa, enakku answer therinja questions mattum kelu daaa paapom
I: ?????

Well, will you get hired for these responses? Will the interviewer atleast realize he was so stupid? Huh, Why do you really care? You've got nothing to lose.!!!

5 comments:

Ra.Ge said...

Hey! you didn't give me a chance to make the illustrations..

good ones.

Mayaavi said...

Well, wat would i do. I now have a job and am jobless...:P

Mayaavi said...

But you could still go ahead n make them...atleast im not stoppin u rocky...:D

Ra.Ge said...

lmao@have a job and am jobless.

How very ironically true :)

Mayaavi said...

hehehhe...i know i know...