A motley assortment of interesting (?) things

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Internet from home

So, good news. I got GPRS activated on my N70, connected my phone to my laptop, and now I have super-slow internet at home. hey, im not complaining.

Though I must say the mobile gmail is just as nifty as the actual gmail. Simple interfaces, ease in navigation, and so on and so forth, its just incredible.

The process of getting GPRS activated was another story altogether. Having received the mobile internet settings a week back, I spared no efforts in getting internet to function on my phone, but to no avail. Finally giving up (while simultaneously hating the fact that im giving up), I take it to an Airtel showroom. The chap there spent an hour fiddling with all the settings before he decided to involve 3 more people. So there was my phone, with four heads poring over it, when the cretin decides to drop the phone. oh sure, like that's going to work. So finally the problem turned out to be really bizarre. This was a new number I got from Airtel. the previous number was from Idea. The access points introduced by Idea were interfering with the access points of Airtel. Well, whodathunkit?

No comments: