A motley assortment of interesting (?) things

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Clutter

My desk is more often cluttered than not. Right from the stapler I last touched weeks ago to the email I printed ten seconds ago. It's never dirty, someone cleans for me once in a while but definitely cluttered. I organize once every while, but like pig-pen from Peanuts, it's a matter of minutes before the desk reaches it's normal stable state. I have heard somebody say:

"True personal clutter amounts to a chaotic system based on the mental patterns of the clutterer. There is a pattern in the chaos, but the initial state and the chaos function are in the mind of the creator, so while to any outside observer it just looks like a mess, to the creator it makes perfect sense."

While I cannot test or prove the veracity of that statement, I like to believe it as it tends to suggest that the creator is organized, so much so, that he/she can even make sense in chaos :p

My desktop is a sharp contrast to my desk though. I have a minimal set of icons on it and always use a minimalist wallpaper which enough clutter free areas that hold my Icons and they never interfere with each other. I am usually very picky about my wallpapers, and often end up editing what I find on the net to suit my style. Sometimes when I have the time and inclination, I also create my own, here is my current wallpaper that I have created.



If you'd like to get it on your screen too, try these: 1024x768 1280x1024

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u use custom brushes to make the pattern? its a nice pattern....by any chance, do you have a 1280x800 res image??

Ra.Ge said...

That pattern is actually a fractal. I used the free fractal generator Context Free Art

did you say 1280x800? Do you use a mac perchance?

Keshi said...

nice :)

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

nope...not mac, intel with a widescreen...ive cropped the highres to make one for myself..