A motley assortment of interesting (?) things

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Droste effect

When I was younger, there used to be a breakfast talk show on Doordarshan. I don't remember what it was called, it has a man and a lady and in-between them on the set was a TV. I do recall being pretty excited about the concept of a TV within a TV. I wondered what would happen if the same program I was watching was on that TV too. There would be a TV within a TV within a TV within a TV within a TV..

Though I was too young at that point to understand Recursion or Fractals, when I recently came across the "Droste Effect" I was glad I wasn't alone in this madness :p

And there are others who've taken this much further

Just in case, at this point you are wondering how to make one yourself, a tutorial, and a gallery to boot.

1 comment:

Mayaavi said...

i dint know wat it was called...but once i tried to attempt something similar in photoshop for shiva...she wanted a book cover design...

Very interesting!!!